Seems like just about everything – especially cutlery – comes off a slow boat from China or India or Viet Nam. We take pride in the fact BIG ASS PIZZA CUTTERS are 100% manufactured in Middlebury, Indiana, where you’ll find Fords, Chevy, Rams and an Amish horse & buggy or two in our factory parking lot.
- Our 3” wide, 22” long cutting blade is part of a 24” blade form design that has evolved through testing of 11 generations of prototypes – (photo of engineer)
- The steel blade is formed on our computer controlled plasma cutter, which also cuts out the logotype letters of our brand and the names on our personalized products.
- The individual blade forms are de-burred and processed through a four stage sander and polisher (photo of grinding operation)
- Next we grind and polish the cutting blade to a .020 edge
- Finally, we bond and mechanically secure the two part handles through the steel tang of the blade form.